The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is glad to offer Donald M. Payne International Development Graduate Fellowship Program. The fellowship provides opportunity for U.S. students who want to enter graduate school. Winner will receive $90,000 amount that will be helpful for students who are pursuing a two year master’s degree in international studies or a related field.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is officially an independent federal agency. The agency provides assistance throughout the world to help developing countries improve their economic and social conditions.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must be seeking admission to enter graduate school in the fall of 2016 for a two-year program at a U.S. university. They can be in the senior year of their undergraduate studies, graduating by June 2016, or they can be college graduates.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to register themselves through the given link: http://www.paynefellows.org/?pg=account
- A completed online application includes the following:
- Background Information (e.g., name, contact information, international travel).
- A personal statement (in 600 words or less) that discusses the applicant’s reasons for applying, interest in foreign affairs, commitment to pursue a USAID Foreign Service career and any relevant experience or information.
- A statement (in 400 words or less) from the applicant that discusses his/her need for financial assistance to attend graduate school
- Two letters of recommendation
- Sample recommendation form(PDF format)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
The fellowship program provides up to $90,000 of support for students pursuing a two year master’s degree in international studies or a related field. Award goes towards tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, books, housing, transportation and other course related expenses.
Students can apply for this fellowship till January 19, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For more information you can contact on 2218 6th Street, NW Washington, DC 20059 or call on Tel: (202) 806-5952.