The Dominican Bar Association (“DBA”) is excited to announce the scholarship awards to law students who demonstrate community involvement, academic promise and financial need. Each year, the DBA awards individual scholarships in the amount of $3,000 to the deserving candidates. The number of available scholarships is dependent on the funds raised by the DBA.
The Dominican Bar Association’s mission is to assist lawyers immigrating from the Dominican Republic and other countries in meeting the requirements necessary to practice law in the United States.
- Law students entering their first, second and third year (and evening students entering their fourth year) at an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited law school are eligible to apply
- Students working towards their LL.M. degree are not eligible
How to Apply:
The candidates must fill the scholarship application. The application must be typed, completed in its entirety and signed. The link for application form is:
- Submit a copy of your latest transcript. The transcript may be an official or unofficial copy. Students entering their first year of law school should submit an official undergraduate transcript.
- Resume (two-page limit).
- Personal statement. A personal statement which addresses at least two of the following:
(a) Why you attended law school
(b) Your biggest challenge and how you were able to overcome it
(c) Your commitment to serve the Latino community
(d) Your community involvement and/or commitment to public interest
- Recommendation etters. Up to two letters of recommendation are optional. Letters should specifically comment on your academics, professional skills and/or your commitment to public interest and/or community work.
The completed scholarship application and required supplemental materials can be emailed to Dominicanbarassoc-at-gmail.com with the subject line “Scholarship Application Enclosed.”
The DBA awards individual scholarships in the amount of $3,000 to eligible law students. The number of available scholarships is dependent on the funds raised by the DBA.
The application packet must be submitted on or before Wednesday, August 12, 2015.
Link for More Information: