The Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) is committed to implementing strategies that will result in significant and measurable progress toward increasing diversity. To help achieve this endeavor, WSAJ is pledged scholarship monies to assist diverse individuals in covering the tuition cost of a bar preparation course. Diverse individual are eligible to apply for scholarship. The amount and the number of scholarships will be determined by the WSAJ Diversity Committee.
The Mission of the Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) is to stand up in the courtroom and the halls of government for real people.
- Diversity refers to individuals who self-identify with those groups historically discriminated against and or those groups that are historically under-represented in the legal profession based on disability, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Applicants must be a diverse individual as defined and must take the Washington State bar exam in July 2016 or February 2017.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the scholarship application form. Interested candidates can download the application form by the given link:
- A resume including past work experience along with any achievements, honors, clubs, association, community activities, or hobbies.
- A brief essay, not to exceed two pages, typed and double spaced, stating why you would like to be considered for this scholarship
- The complete application packet should be mailed to:
WSAJ, Diversity Bar Prep Scholarship,
1809 7th Avenue, Suite 1500, Seattle,
- You can email to: Sheila-at-washingtonjustice.org.
The amount and the number of scholarships will be determined by the WSAJ Diversity Committee and may vary in amount, up to the full tuition for the bar preparation course.
To receive a bar preparation scholarship for the July 2016 or February 2017 bar examination, all applications and requested materials must be received by Monday January 25, 2016.
Link for More Information: