National Academy of Education is offering the Dissertation Fellowship Program for candidates who are pursuing doctoral degree at a graduate school within the United States. The highly competitive program aims to identify the most talented researchers conducting dissertation research related to education. Up to 600 applications are anticipated and up to 35 fellowships will be awarded.
The National Academy of Education was founded in 1965. The Academy consists of U.S. members and foreign associates who are elected on the basis of outstanding scholarship related to education.
- Applicants need not be citizens of the United States, however they must be candidates for the doctoral degree at a graduate school within the United States
- Applicants should have a demonstrated record of research experience in education
- Fellows may not accept employment other than as described in the application, nor may they accept other awards without prior approval (including awards from NAEd or Spencer) that would provide duplicate benefits
- Fellowships are not intended to finance data collection or the completion of doctoral coursework, but rather to support the final analysis of the research topic and the writing of the dissertation. For this reason, all applicants must document that they will have completed all pre-dissertation requirements by June 1, 2016 and must provide a clear and specific plan for completing the dissertation within a one or two-year time frame
How to Apply:
- For applying the fellowship, the candidates must register themselves. The link is:
- After completing the registration process, they must complete the on-line application form
- Dissertation abstract
- Project description and work plan
- Graduate transcripts
- Two reference letters
- Personal statement
- Fellows will receive $27,500 for one academic year
- Approximately 35 dissertation fellowships will be awarded in 2016
The application deadline for the 2016 program is October 1, 2015 at 5pm EST.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions or are unable to visit the online application, please contact us:
National Academy of Education, 500 Fifth Street NW, Washington, DC 20001 or
E-mail to: info-at-naeducation.org.