Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) is pleased to announce the “Dependent Children Scholarship Program”. The scholarship program is available for Tennessee residents who are dependent children of a Tennessee law enforcement officer, fireman, or an emergency medical service technician who has been killed or totally and permanently disabled while performing duties within the scope of such service.
Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) was created by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1974. It is a non-profit corporation with the merging of the Tennessee Educational Loan Corporation and the Tennessee Tuition Grant Program.
- A dependent of a Tennessee law enforcement officer, fireman, or an emergency medical service technician killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty
- A Tennessee resident and a U.S. Citizen
- The parent must be a Tennessee resident and have been on duty when the incident occurred
- Enrolled as a full-time student at an eligible Tennessee college or university
- Maintaining institutional satisfactory academic progress, and
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a valid EFC
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates must login. The link is:
- Complete an online application form
- Submit documentation detailing that the parent who was a law enforcement officer, fireman, or emergency medical service technician was killed or is now permanently disabled while performing duties within the scope of such employment
The scholarship is awarded to full-time undergraduate students attending eligible Tennessee institutions. Awards are made in equal installments each term throughout the academic year. The award may be renewed three times for a total of four years or the period required for the completion of the program of study, whichever is less.
The application must be submitted on or before July 15.
Link for More Information: