The South Dakota Telecommunications Association (SDTA) Memorial Scholarship is available to the students who have completed at least two semesters of a multi-year program at any of South Dakota’s accredited technical schools or two semesters at any other accredited post-secondary higher education institution in South Dakota.
The priority of SDTA is to help craft public policy that allows rural company members to effectively deliver state-of-the-art communications services to every community .They also provide educational and training opportunities on the latest and best technologies that are available , to bring the best possible services to their customers and communities.
Previous recipients are not eligible to apply again and preference will be given to students who have majors within the communications and broadband industry.
- Applicants that attend a post-secondary higher education institution must be majoring in a program with technical skills or a field of study that is particularly useful for work in the telecommunications or broadband industry.
- The student or student’s family must be a subscriber of a South Dakota Telecommunications Association (SDTA) member company
- Students who have completed at least two semesters of course work at any accredited post-secondary school in South Dakota
How to Apply:
Interested students can apply for this scholarship either on-line or off-line.
- For applying on-line students can fill the application form from the link http://sdtaonline.com/resources/sdta-scholarship/
- For applying off-line the candidates must submit the following material at the address of South Dakota Telecommunications Association.
- Complete application form that can be postmarked by May 31.
- Minimum two letters of recommendation. At least one of these letters must be from an instructor or advisor. The other may be from other person who know you well but not a family member. Reference letter must be postmarked be June 8.
SDTA will award two $1,500 scholarships for the winning candidates.
The SDTA scholarship application deadline is May 31st.
Link to Apply: