The D.A.R.E. America Board of Directors is pleased to offer $20,000 scholarship to recognize academic excellence and reward students who remain true to the goals of the D.A.R.E. program. The scholarship is awarded annually to a qualified 12th grade student to attend the university or college of their choice. The selected student will be required to sign a letter of award and agreement.
The D.A.R.E. Mission is to teaching students good decision-making skills to help those lead safe and healthy lives.
The requirements for eligibility are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have completed junior year of high school at time of application
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must not be related to a current D.A.R.E. officer/administrator
- Must apply only to an accredited institution (4 years) in the U.S.
- Must lead a lifestyle consistent with the goals and objectives of D.A.R.E.
- Must be a member of the D.A.R.E. America Youth Advisory Board
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download the scholarship application form and scholarship tracking form through the given link:
- An essay, 500-word maximum, addressing the topic “D.A.R.E.: How it has impacted my life, how I will use these skills to contribute to society.”
- Written summary documenting academic achievements and extracurricular activities that reflect the spirit and goals of D.A.R.E.
- Written summary documenting current role with the Youth Advisory Board
- Official sealed transcript of grades and scholastic scores
- A letter of recommendation from a school administrator/educator
- A letter of recommendation for outstanding achievement in community service from a source other than school administrators/educators or law enforcement officials
Complete application packet can be submitted to:
Attn: YAB Scholarship
9800 La Cienega Blvd, Suite 401
Inglewood, CA 90301 (800) 223-3273
The foundation is offering a $20,000 scholarship to the winning students.
The application packet must be submitted no later than April 15, 2016.
Link for More Information:
Questions regarding the scholarship application should be directed to Jacqueline Ho at (800) 223-3273 ext. 235 or jacqueline.ho-at-dare.org.