The College and University Recycling Coalition (CURC) is pleased to offer scholarships to help selected students who will attend the CURC Zero Waste Workshop at the University of Minnesota on Sunday October 25, 2015. The goal of scholarship is to offer an opportunity for college students to network with key professionals in the campus recycling and sustainability field . Up to four scholarships will be given to the winning candidates.
The College and University Recycling Coalition (CURC) represents a vibrant community of over 900 recycling and sustainability professionals in higher education. CURC supports collegiate recycling programs through technical assistance, education and training.
- Be a current student or have graduated within the previous year
- Be actively involved (or previously) with recycling or zero waste initiatives on their campus
- Be interested to pursue a career in the recycling / zero waste or broader sustainability field
- Attend the full workshop
How to apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the on-line application form. The link is:
- Submit a 500 word or fewer essays afterward detailing what the learned at the workshop
- Submit receipts for all expenses
- Explanation of why you want to attend the workshop and what you hope to get from the experience (250 words or less)
- Description of your role and involvement campus recycling or sustainability initiatives (100 words or less)
- Description of your career goals as they relate to zero waste / recycling or sustainability
- Arrange for a letter of endorsement to be sent from a senior campus recycling or sustainability staff member, or another faculty or staff member with an oversight or mentor role of the applicant’s recycling or sustainability involvement
Up to four scholarships will be given to the winning candidates. The scholarship will provide up to $250 in settlement to selected students for direct travel, meal and accommodation costs for students.
The application deadline is August 28, 2015.
Link for More Information: