The California School Library Association (CSLA) has established a Leadership for Diversity Scholarship Program. The scholarship is intended to recognizing the need for teacher librarians who reflect the diversity of California’s multicultural, multilingual population. More than one scholarship can be given based on money available and the scholarship amount is $1,500 per recipient.
The California School Library Association (CSLA) advocates for excellence in school library programs, develops leaders in the school library field and collaborates with other educational leaders to ensure that all California students are effective, responsible users and creators of ideas and information.
• Applicant must be a member of a traditionally underrepresented group.
• Applicant must be enrolled in a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing accredited teacher librarian credential program.
• Applicant must show evidence or ability to complete the program, e.g., college transcript or other verification.
• Applicant must intend to work as a teacher librarian in a California school library for a minimum of three years.
• Financial need will be taken into consideration in awarding the scholarship.
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must complete scholarship application form. The form can be downloading through the given link:
• Education (begin with most recent). A college transcript or other verification must accompany this application form.
• What CTC-accredited teacher librarian credential program do you plan to attend or in which program are you already enrolled?
• Employment history and volunteer experience (begin with most recent)
• Personal Statement: Briefly state (no more than 250 words), what you can contribute to the profession, your commitment to serving the needs of our multicultural/ multilingual students, and the basis of your financial need
• Two letters of reference must be attached to this application form
You can email a scanned, signed copy of this application packet to info-at-csla.net or fax it to 888- 655-8480.
The scholarship amount is $1,500 per recipient. More than one scholarship can be given based on money available.
The completed application packet must be submitted by October 7, 2016.
Link for more Information:
For questions, you can contact CSLA at info-at-csla.net or 888-655-8480.