The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is accepting applications for its International Affairs Fellowship Program, which offers unique chance to experience a new field and gain a different perspective at a pivotal moment in their careers.To be eligible, applicants must be a mid-career professional who has a demonstrated commitment to a career in foreign policy. While a Ph.D. is not a requirement, selected fellows generally hold a bachelor’s degree and possess a strong record of work experience as well as a firm grounding in the field of foreign policy.The program aims to bridge the gap between the study and making of U.S. foreign policy by creating the next generation of scholar-practitioners.The program awards a stipend of $100,000.
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization. Founded in 1921, CFR takes no institutional positions on matters of policy. CFR carries out its mission by publishing Foreign Affairs, the preeminent journal of international affairs and U.S. foreign policy, and Providing up-to-date information and analysis about world events and American foreign policy on its website, CFR.org.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Applicants must be mid-career professionals
- Applicants must possess a strong record of professional achievement
- Applicants must have a firm grounding in and a demonstrated commitment to the field of foreign policy
- While a P.hD. is not a requirement, applicants must hold at least a bachelor’s degree
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online through the given link: https://www.cfr.org/fellowships/international-affairs-fellowship#chapter-title-0-4
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The duration of the fellowship is twelve months, preferably beginning in September.
- The program awards a stipend of $100,000.
- Fellows are considered independent contractors rather than employees of CFR and are not eligible for employment benefits, including health insurance.
Interested candidates who meet the program’s eligibility requirements can apply online between July 1 and October 31 on an annual basis.The application deadline is October 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact at fellowships-at-cfr.org or call to 212.434.9740