The Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies (JSIS) at the University of Washington is pleased to announce the Corbett British Columbia-Washington International Exchange Program. The program is available to undergraduates from any department at the University of Washington, University of British Columbia, and University of Victoria who is U.S. or Canadian citizens or permanent residents of their respective countries.The school is named for late Senator Henry M. Jackson, in recognition of his interest and support for the school and for the field of international affairs. Successful recipients of the International Exchange Program will get up to $7,000 that may be used to support activities or expenses related to a recipient’s Exchange.
At the University of Washington, the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies (JSIS) combines the social sciences, humanities, and professional fields to enhance our understanding of our increasingly interconnected globe. The Jackson School offers seven undergraduate majors—Asian Studies, Canadian Studies, European Studies, Latin American Studies, Comparative Religion, Jewish Studies, and International studies—and 16 minors (as well as a Tri-Campus minor in Human Rights).
- Must be undergraduates from any department at the University of Washington, University of British Columbia, and University of Victoria
- Must be U.S. or Canadian citizens or permanent residents of their respective countries
- Preference shall be given to students who started and completed their high school education in the State of Washington (if applying from the University of Washington), or in the province of British Columbia (if applying from the University of British Columbia or University of Victoria).
- All applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in good standing
- Have met all eligibility requirements of their home university (as they relate to the participation in international exchange programs)
- Be fluent in the English language
- Be academically meritorious
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: https://studyabroad.washington.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=10429
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Corbett British Columbia-Washington International Exchange Program Fund offers $7,000 (U.S.) in scholarship funds to successful recipients.
- Award funds may be used to support activities or expenses related to a recipient’s exchange, including, but not limited to room and board, books and supplies, personal expenses, and transportation, and/or other related expenses that enhance the student’s immersion experience. Tuition is paid at the recipient’s home institution.
The application spring deadline is June 15, 2017.
Link for More Information: