The National Music Council and Music Publishers Association are offering scholarship for the students who can creatively present their viewpoints, in video format, on the topic “The Importance of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law”.
Music Publishers Association was founded in 1895. The Music Publishers Association is the oldest music trade organization in the United States, nurturing communication among publishers, dealers, music educators, and all ultimate users of music.
To be considered for the scholarship, the candidates must meet the following requirements. Current employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible to apply.
- Legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia
- Individuals currently studying in one of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia pursuant to a valid F-1 Student Visa
- Between thirteen (13) and twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application
- Currently enrolled in an accredited secondary school or post-secondary institution of higher learning (college, university or trade school
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship,
- The candidates must fill on-line application form by the link by the link http://mpaoftheusa.coffeecup.com/forms/2015%20Copyright%20Awareness%20Scholarship/
- The candidates must submit their viewpoints, in VIDEO format, on The Importance of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law. Video must include the following properties:
- Videos must be in .mp4, .m4v, mov, or .wmv formats. Other formats will not be accepted
- Files must be 4MB or less.
- Videos should be between thirty (30) seconds and three (3) minutes
- Winners must be able to supply a high quality version of their video
- Files uploaded must contain the name of the student.Examples: jennifer_smith.m4v, john_harris.mov, jim_ellis_pirate_party.wmv. If files are not named appropriately they will not be viewed
- If a submission contains copyrighted material (e.g., a song, a video clip) owned by another party, please submit evidence of permission to use that material
$5,000 scholarship amount will be given to the winning candidates.
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, June 15, 2015 no later than 11:59 PM EST.
Link for More Information:
For more information the students can contact to scholarship-at-mpa.org.