The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is glad to announce the Consuelo W. Gosnell Memorial Scholarship. Candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to working with public or voluntary nonprofit agencies or with local grassroots groups in the United States are eligible to apply. Up to 10 scholarships of up to $4,000 each will be given to the winning candidates.
The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world.
- Students must be an NASW member and have applied to or have been accepted into an accredited MSW program
- Students must have the potential for completing an MSW program and have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above
- Students enrolled in a master of social work (MSW) program for more than one year may reapply to the Foundation for part or all of a second year.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the applicants must firstly login. After login they are able to fill the scholarship application form.
- Biographical essay (two typed, double-spaced pages). Essay must address career goals, interests, and work, volunteer, and school/field experience relevant to the guidelines of the award.
- Statement of merit and financial need for the award.
- Two letters of support from professional references
- Official copy of a transcript from the most recent academic work (undergraduate or graduate).
- Signed release of information.
Up to 10 scholarships of up to $4,000 each will be awarded for the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
Online applications for the 2015 – 2016 awards will be accepted January 14 – March 4, 2015.
Link for More information: