The Community Foundation of Northern Illinois is proud to announce the opening of applications for its 80 unique scholarship program to students who are or will be attending college full-time. The mission of the foundation is to attract, preserve, and grow an endowment for the current and future needs of the people of Northern Illinois.The Community Foundation of Northern Illinois will offer varying award amounts, most of which range from $500 to $2,500 depending on the size of the particular fund.
Founded in 1953, the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois (CFNIL) is a regional leader in philanthropy. With more than $85 million in assets and more than 400 individual funds, CFNIL makes grants to charitable organizations and scholarships to local students.
Each scholarship has specific eligibility criteria defined by the donor when the fund is established. However, most scholarships have the following criteria:
- Applicants must reside within Boone, Ogle, Stephenson or Winnebago County
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Any scholarships awarded are paid directly to the recipient’s chosen school. Schools must be:
- Accredited institutions
- Private non-profit or publicly supported institutions
How to Apply:
To be applying, candidate can log in or create an account through the given link:
Candidates need to submit an additional essay for each scholarship.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- CFNIL’s scholarship program includes 80 unique scholarships and awards more than $200,000 to local students per year.Scholarship awards are paid directly to the academic institution by the end of July.
- Most scholarship funds offer varying award amounts, most of which range from $500 to $2,500 depending on the size of the particular fund, the number of qualified applicants, the renewability of the scholarship, and the directions given by the donor(s) of the funds.
The applications will close on February 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: