The Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions (CMSI) is glad to announce “CMSI Research Fellowship” to any scholar pursuing research focused on MSIs. All students, faculty, and scholar practitioners are eligible to apply for the CMSI Research Fellowship. CMSI mission is to elevate the educational contributions of MSIs, ensuring their participation in national conversations. The fellow who will be select as a winner, get $5,000.00 for the duration of the fellowship period.
The Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions (CMSI), housed at the University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education, serves as a repository for research, data, best practices, emerging innovations, and ideas on and within MSIs.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- All students, faculty, and scholar practitioners are eligible
- Applicants may reside anywhere in the world, however, the focus of the research must pertain to MSIs in the United States.
- Applicants do not need to work at or be a student of an MSI
How to Apply:
The online application process must be completed by the given link: https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6Go2ayhd99JXG5v
Applicants will need to submit the following:
- General information form
- Answers to seven questions regarding their proposal
- An estimated breakdown of how the stipend will be spent
- Contact information for two references
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The selected fellow will receive $5,000.00 over the duration of the fellowship period.
- The first check ($2,500.00) will be disbursed upon acceptance of the fellowship, while the second check ($2,500.00) will be disbursed at the end of the fellowship, contingent on successful completion of a report/research brief.
Entries for the scholarship will be submitted by August 18, 2017, at 11:59 P.M. EST.
Link for More Information: