The College of Engineering at the University of Michigan is now offering the application for the” Class of 31E Scholarship”. The program is open to a first-year engineering student, or incoming college students who are enrolled or will enroll at the university of Michigan. The mission of the program is “To be the place of choice for engineering education and research”. Awards are determined annually by the committee. The committee will worth award for in-state students $11,000 and for out-of-state students $15,000.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
- Freshman in the College of Engineering
- Maximum of 25 credits earned at the University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Requirements for Scholarship Renewal:
- Scholars must continue to carry a full-time academic load of at least 12 credits per term as undergrads, (6 credits for half-length spring or summer terms). Scholars that are continuing on for their Master’s degree must be enrolled for a minimum of 8 credit hours for full-time status, (4 credits for half-length spring or summer terms).
- Scholars must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25 each semester.
- If a Scholar falls below the 3.25 GPA requirements and there are extenuating circumstances, the Scholar may request a waiver through the Engineering Financial Aid Officer in the Engineering Scholarship Office. The Scholarship Committee will determine whether to waive the criteria.
How to Apply:
- Eligible students should complete an application form, available soon.
- Candidate can submit all autobiographical information and unofficial copy of transcript, as part of this application on the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rmsmW0eV5yB0Lfxq4b6m31vZe8AAVDD2VUEkDNzUiPE/viewform?edit_requested=true
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Awards will be given for a maximum of 4 years.
- In the academic year, the award for in-state students was $11,000 and for out-of-state students $15,000. Scholarships are awarded annually and are renewable for up to four years as long as the Scholar continues to be eligible.
- All applications are due at the end of January 2017.
- The application period for the 2016-2017 academic year is now closed. Revisit this site closer to January 2017 to apply for the upcoming year.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions about the scholarship requirements, call the Engineering Scholarship Office at (734)647-7113 or mailto:mcfarren-at-umich.edu