Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) has put forward “Global Scholarship Program” to assist citizens or natives of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica who plan to continue their undergraduate study in college in the United States. The scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. The winning student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 USD.
The Clara Lionel Foundation is a 501C3 organization which works to improve the quality of life for communities globally in the areas of health, education, arts and culture.
Applicants to the Clara Lionel Foundation Global Scholarship Program must be:
- A citizen or native of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica.
- Eligible to study in the United States and been accepted to an accredited four-year college or university located in the United States.
- A first time college freshmen (with fewer than 12 college credits unless those credits were earned in high school) planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2016-2017 academic year.
- Eligible to receive funding per the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, you must register yourself through the given link: https://scholarsapply.org/claralionelfdn/
- You will need to read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents to Scholarship Management Services. Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completedApplicant Appraisal Form. You can print the form by the given link: https://scholarsapply.org/uploads/clf/AA.pdf
- A copy of the acceptance letter from the accredited four-year college or university you will be attending in the United States.
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 USD.
- Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first.
- Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) each semester.
Your application must be submitted by June 10, 2016 by 1:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time.
Link for More Information:
For more information, you can email: claralionelfdn-at-scholarshipamerica.org or call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Clara Lionel Foundation Global Scholarship Program.