Food Lion, together with Coca-Cola Zero and the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), are proud to offer once again the Food Lion Essay Contest as part of the 2016 CIAA Basketball Tournament. The contest is open only to legal US residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. A total of $35,000 in scholarship grants will be awarded to CIAA students.
The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) was founded and incorporated in the District of Columbia in 1912.
- The 2015 CIAA/Food Lion/Coca-Cola Scholarship Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal US residents
- Students are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry
- Students are enrolled in good standing at one of the following schools: Bowie State, Chowan, Elizabeth City State, Fayetteville State, Johnson C. Smith, Lincoln, Livingstone, St. Augustine’s, Shaw, Virginia State, Virginia Union or Winston-Salem State.
- Winners may be required to provide proof of enrollment and proof of age to claim prize.
- Employees of the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) (“Sponsor”) and their “Promotional Participants” and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the application form. The link is:
- Students of the CIAA are also encouraged to submit a 500 to 700 word essay answering the question – “How is safety on campus impacting your CIAA school and what changes would you like to see happen?
Awards are as follows:
- Four (4) winners will receive a $5,000 scholarship grant plus 2 tickets to the CIAA tournament on Feb. 27 – Feb. 28, 2016 with 2 night hotel accommodations and $500 for travel expenses.
- Fifteen (15) First Place Winners will receive a $1,000 scholarship grant.
The contest begins on January 12, 2015 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) through 11:59:59 pm (ET) on January 31, 2016 (“Contest Period”).
Link for More Information: