The CHET Advance Scholarship is an annual program offered by the State Treasurer’s Office to help connecticut students pay for college. The scholarship is open to high school senior and high school freshmen. The aim of CHET Advance Scholarship Program is to encourage students and their families to save for college expenses, as well as to help ease the financial burdens faced by prospective college students. This academic year, CHET Advance will award 200 scholarships up to $500,000 amount during the fall of 2016.
The Connecticut Higher Education Trust (CHET) is a state-sponsored, tax-advantaged 529 college savings plan that’s helping families and individuals plan for the cost of higher education. It’s available to any citizen or taxpayer.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
1. High School Senior Applicants:
• Must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0, and must be enrolled in a Category 1 or Category 2 school. The student will be required to supply a transcript verifying grade point average and school enrollment.
• Must confirm intention to attend college or other post-secondary educational institution. The application form will ask for confirmation that the applicant intends to attend college beginning no later than September 30, 2018 (student can defer college for one year post-high-school graduation).
2. High School Freshman Applicants:
• Must be enrolled in a Category 1 or Category 2 school (no minimum grade point average is required for freshman applicants).
• Must confirm intention to attend college or other post-secondary educational institution. The application form will ask for confirmation that the applicant intends to attend college beginning no later than September 30, 2021 (student can defer college for one year post-high-school graduation).
3. Must be at least thirteen (13) years of age
How to Apply:
The candidates can apply for CHET Advance Scholarship program by following the given instruction:
• Candidates must login themselves through the given link: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2f
• Complete the online form
• Upload the required information
• Submit your application
The 2016-2017 CHET Advance Scholarship will provide up to 200 college scholarships to high school seniors and freshman as follows:
• Seniors: Up to 100 $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students who are high school seniors during the 2016-2017 school year, and who plan to enter college no later than the Fall of 2018. Winning seniors will be chosen on a random basis.
• Freshman: Up to 100 $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who are high school freshman during the 2016-2017 school year. Each winner has the opportunity to receive an additional $500 match if they save $500 in an individual CHET account by May 30th of their senior year of high school.
Students must complete and submit an application between 8:00 A.M. EDT on Wednesday, August 24, 2016, and 5:00 P.M. EDT on Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
Link for More Information:
For questions about the CHET Advance Scholarship application process, applicants can contact ISTS by clicking on the Live Chat tab within the online application or by calling 1-855-670-ISTS (4787) Monday through Friday from 9:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. EST or via email at contactus-at-applyists.com.