The South Carolina Commission on Higher Education pleased to offer a merit-based scholarship program named as “The Palmetto Fellows Scholarship”. To be applying for the scholarship program applicant must be enrolled in an approved SC public or private high school, an approved SC homeschool program of study or a preparatory high school located outside the State while a dependent of a legal resident of South Carolina. Scholarship intended to encourage academically talented students to attend college in the State and retain talented minority students who might otherwise pursue studies outside the State. Eligible students may receive up to $10,000 (combined funds from the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship and the Scholarship Enhancement) per year.
The South Carolina Commission on Higher Education (CHE), established in 1967, serves as the coordinating board for SC’s 33 public institutions of higher learning. It acts both as an oversight entity on behalf of the General Assembly and as an advocate for higher education. The Commission is responsible for assuring a balance between student and taxpayer interests and institutional policies, aspirations, and needs.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be enrolled in an approved SC public or private high school, an approved SC homeschool program of study or a preparatory high school located outside the State while a dependent of a legal resident of South Carolina;
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) at the time of high school graduation and be a legal resident of South Carolina as defined in applicable State statutes governing the determination of residency for tuition and fee purposes at the time of high school graduation;
- Be seriously considering attending, have applied, or have been accepted for admission to an eligible four-year institution in South Carolina;
- Certify that he/she has never been convicted of any felonies and has not been convicted of any second or subsequent alcohol or other drug-related misdemeanor offenses within the past academic year by submitting a signed affidavit to the college financial aid office; and
- Cannot be a recipient of the LIFE Scholarship, SC HOPE Scholarship or Lottery Tuition Assistance in the same academic year.
How to Apply:
You can go through the given link and create an account to apply for the scholarship program: http://app.smarterselect.com/program/apply/37281?apply=true
Application material must be submitted at the address given below
South Carolina Commission on Higher Education Attn: Palmetto Fellows Scholarship
Attn: Palmetto Fellows Scholarship 1122 Lady Street, Suite 300
1122 Lady Street, Suite 300 Columbia, SC 29201
Columbia, SC 29201
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The annual award amount for the freshman year is up to $6,700
- The award amount for the sophomore, junior and senior years is up to $7,500 per year.
The 2017-2018 is now available applications are due on June 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question regarding scholarship you can contact through the given link: