The Woodrow Wilson Foundation takes pleasure in announcing Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation fellowship. The fellowship is designed to encourage original and significant study of ethical or religious values in all fields of the humanities and social sciences. The scholarship is particularly made to help Ph.D. candidates. Amount offered by Woodrow Wilson Foundation is $25,000.
The Woodrow Wilson Foundation a private foundation that was created under the will of Philadelphia philanthropist Mrs. Newcombe. The mission of Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation is to identify and develop leaders and institutions to meet the nation’s critical challenges.
Eligible applicants for the 2015 Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship must:
- Candidates for Ph.D. or Th.D. degrees in an American doctoral program at a graduate school located in the United States. Candidates working on D.Min. law, Psy.D., Ed.D. and other professional degrees are not
- Have all pre-dissertation requirements fulfilled by the application deadline November 15, 2015, including approval of the dissertation proposal.
- Be in the writing stage of the dissertation. Usually, this means that fieldwork or other research is complete and writing has begun by the time of the award.
- Must expect to complete the dissertation between April 1, 2017 and August 31, 2017.
- Have never held a similar national award for the final year of dissertation writing. Applicants who have won such awards as the ACLS, AAUW, Ford, MacArthur, Mellon, Pew, Spencer, or Whiting fellowship are not eligible.
- Be writing on topics where ethical or religious values are a central concern.
- Previous applicants may not apply.
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the candidates must register through the given link:
- The online submission of the required supplemental items PDF files
- Doctoral transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
Fellowships of $25,000 will be awarded for 12 months of full-time dissertation writing.
The deadline for all components of the application is November 15, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
Link for More Information: