Are you a forest Researcher? If yes, then the given fellowship is for you. The Harvard Forest, department of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) of Harvard University is glad to announce Charles Bullard Fellowship in Forest Research. The fellowship proposed opportunity for those who hold a doctoral degree. The program supports advanced research and study by individuals who show promise of making an important contribution, either as scholars or administrators, to forestry and forest-related subjects. Winning nominee will collect $40,000 stipend amount.
The Harvard Forest is a department of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) of Harvard University. The mission of the Harvard Forest is to develop and implement interdisciplinary research and education programs investigating the ways in which physical, biological and human systems interact to change our earth.
- Bullard Fellowships are generally awarded to individuals in mid-career who have established themselves in academia, public service, or in the private sector.
- For those in academic careers, preference is ordinarily given to holders of doctoral degrees, but others whose projects show promise of important contributions to forestry and forest studies, broadly defined, will be considered in terms of the likelihood that study and research at Harvard will help fulfill this promise.
- This is not a post-doctoral program, recent PhD graduates are generally not appropriate candidates for a Bullard Fellowship.
How to Apply:
To be considered for fellowship, the candidates must login through the given link:
- Personal Data Sheet
- Letters of recommendations from 3 Refereesproviding a perspective of the applicant’s proposed program and his/her personal and professional qualifications for carrying it out. Applicants will need to provide the 3 referees’ names and contact information on-line.
- A statement describing the applicant’s professional career to date, proposing a research program at Harvard and evaluating this program in terms of its potential contribution to the applicant’s future professional career (5 page maximum is requested).
- Financial support requestedfrom the Bullard Fund, other support expected, including sabbatical year pay, other educational leave with pay, and research support. Express in U.S. dollars.
- 2 page CV
- The Fellowships carry stipends up to $40,000 or more if necessary
- The amount of each award depends on the professional status and needs of the recipient and the duration of the Fellowship. Fellows have the option of having the award paid either to themselves or to the Fellow’s employer
- In most cases, the stipend will supplement income received for devoting a period to research, e.g., sabbatical leave pay for an individual in academic life, appointments with federal support for training of individuals in federal public service, or educational leave with pay for individuals in the private sector
- Travel Reimbursement
- Supplies Budget
To be considering for Charles Bullard Fellowship, you must fill the online application form till February 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: