Triangle Community Foundation glad to announce a scholarship for nursing students named as “Carol Ann Beerstecher Nursing Scholarship” administrated by North Carolina Foundation for Nursing. Current nursing student at a public or private institution or have been admitted to a nursing program at a public or private institution in North Carolina offering an associate or baccalaureate degree in nursing can apply for the scholarship program. The scholarship program is designed to support students who pursue pre-licensure nursing education. The successful applicant will receive the award amount up to $5,000 per year for two years.
The North Carolina Foundation for Nursing is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) corporation. Funding to support the Foundation and its activities comes from individual contributions, business donations, bequests, recognitions, and memorials.The purpose and goals of the Foundation are to secure and administer funds directed toward.
All scholarship applicants must be:
- Must be a resident of Chatham, Durham, Orange, Wake or Person County, North Carolina for at least 12 months prior to application.
- Must be a current nursing student at a public or private institution or have been admitted to a nursing program at a public or private institution in North Carolina offering an associate or baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Must have a proven financial need.
- Must maintain2.0-gradee point average to continue to receive funding.
How to Apply:
If you are interested to applying you can download the application form through the given link: http://pubs.ncnurses.org/pub/25199fab-782b-cb6e-2763-8905be4eba5f
Applicants must submit the following documents along with you application form
- A statement of not more than 500 words presenting applicant’s reasons for pursuing an education in nursing.
- Two letters of reference from individuals knowledgeable of the applicants character, contributions to community, and potential for contributions to nursing.
- Proof of acceptance to anursing educational program at an accredited institution in North Carolina.
- Proof of residence in one of the counties listed above.
- A copy of unofficial transcripts from last three years of coursework. If one or more years includes high school, the weighted grade point average will be used in consideration. *If applicant has not been enrolled in an academic institution in the last five years, a letter from a supervisor verifying applicant’s responsibility, adaptability, motivation, and capacity for success will be accepted in place of transcripts.
- A copy of the most recent Student Aid Report (SAR) taken from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. If a student does not have a FAFSA report, a detailed explanation of why and a list of other grants, scholarships and loans received and the amounts will be required.
Applicants must submit application martial and application form by mail To
NC Foundation for Nursing, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
103 Enterprise Street
Raleigh NC 27607-7325
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Award amount of the scholarship is Up to $5,000 per year for two years. Recipient must maintain a 2.0-grade point average to continue to receive funding by semester for full two years.
Application deadline of the scholarship program is June 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: