Are you a youth caregiver? Do you know someone who is a youth caregiver? If yes, Caregivers of New Jersey has put forward the Youth Caregiver Award. The award is open to the permanent resident of the United States and a resident of New Jersey, between the ages of 8-18. Caregivers of New Jersey is dedicated to providing a central point of contact on caregiving issues, resulting in more effective information dissemination, increased support and awareness and advocacy. One scholarship of $1000 amount will be given to the winning candidate.
Caregivers of New Jersey has developed a Support Coordination team which supports many of the 1,850 individuals living in developmental centers who wish to be transitioned into the community.
• Applicant must be between the ages of 8-18.
• Applicant must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States and a resident of New Jersey.
• Caregivers of New Jersey may use your application material via social media or other media for commercial purposes.
How to Apply:
• Interested candidate can download scholarship application through the given link: http://njcaregivers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Youth-Caregiver-Award-Application.pdf
• In 1,200 words or less, write an essay explaining your role as a caregiver. You may also talk about how you became a caregiver, the person you are caring for, and how being a caregiver has influenced you on a personal level.
Send the application and the supporting documents to:
Caregivers of New Jersey
35 Beaverson Boulevard, Building 11
Brick, NJ 08723
Attn: Youth Caregiver Award
Caregivers of New Jersey will present one $1,000 award to an eligible youth caregiver.
All documents must be received by the Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey by Thursday, September 1, 2016, in order for your application to be reviewed.
Link for More Information:
If you would like to learn more about the Support Coordination team and initiatives, contact at 732-262-8020 or toll-free at 877-265-6360.