To encourage and promote awareness of ethical issues and standards in the area of personal injury law, the Brogdon Champion, LLC is sponsoring an essay contest for law students that focus on ethical issues in personal injury cases. Brogdon Champion prides itself on providing superior legal representation to personal injury clients that complies with the highest professional and ethical standards. First place and second place winner will get $2500 and $1000 award amount respectively.
Brogdon Champion, LLC is an Atlanta personal injury law firm that represents clients who have been seriously injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person or company.
- The essay contest is open to any law student enrolled at a law school in the United States.
- Unpublished papers prepared for law school credit are eligible for entry in the competition.
- The content submitted must be the law student author’s own work and must not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Joint papers are not acceptable.
- Multiple submissions are acceptable, however, each author will only be eligible for one award.
- Eligibility determinations will be made by Brogdon Champion, LLC.
How to Apply:
For applying the contest the candidates are required to write an essay between 3,000 and 5,000 words. The topics for the essay contest can be any ethical issue that arises in the context of representing plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
- The essay should be between 3,000 and 5,000 words.
- The essay must include a cover page that lists the entrant’s name, address, phone number, law school, and class (i.e. 1L, 2L, 3L).
- Submitted papers must be 8-1/2” x 11,” double-spaced, and typed in 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1” margins, including cited material and footnotes.
- Papers must include a brief (no more than 350 words) abstract at the beginning of the essay.
Essays should be submitted via e-mail in a Word document to essaycontest-at-brogdonchampion.com.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- 1st Place – The first place winner will receive $2,500 and publication on our firm’s website.
- 2nd Place- The second place winner will receive $1,000.
Entries are due by March 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
Link for More Information: