The BMI Foundation is now offering an annual competition named as “BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship” to a rising jazz star pursuing an advanced academic degree in Jazz Performance, Jazz Studies, or related majors. Current full-time or part-time students of a U.S. college or university are eligible to apply for the scholarship competition. The purpose of the program is to further the creation, performance, and study of contemporary music. One $5,000 award will be available for the competition.
The BMI Foundation was founded in 1985. The foundation is to support the creation, performance, and study of music through awards, scholarships, grants, and commissions.
In order to be eligible for the competition, all applicants must be:
- Be Current full-time or part-time students of a U.S. college or university. Students who have been accepted to a U.S. college or university for future enrollment are not eligible.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24, as of the time of submission.
- Potential first-time winners of the competition: former winners (other than Honorable Mention) of the BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship are not eligible to enter the competition.
How to Apply:
BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship, Interested candidate can apply On-line through the given link:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Three recordings (MP3 or MP4a files) of recent performances. At least one of these performed works must be original. There are no limitations as to age, style, instrumentation, or voice.
- Track listing that includes title, composer, and performance information for each submitted recording.
- A chart or score of any recording submission that is an original work.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The $5,000 scholarship is presented at BMI’s annual celebration of NEA Jazz Masters Fellows.The Foundation reserves the right to make no award or to award a prize or prizes totaling less than the full amount.
- Applications must be submitted online no later than Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 11:59 pm EST.
- The winner will be announced in late spring 2017 in the press and on bmifoundation.org.
Link for More Information:
Contact for more Information:
You can direct all inquiries about the BMI Future Jazz Master Scholarship to 7 World Trade Center, 250 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10007-0030, U.S.A.or pcook-at-bmifoundation.org