At the Binghamton University, the Center for Civic Engagement is seeking student applications for the 2017-2018 Faculty-Student Scholarship. The program is available to undergraduate and graduate student who are demonstrate academic merit with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The purpose of the program is to promote and supports academic and community service excellence. The Center for Civic Engagement will be awarding (9) nine $3,800 scholarships for 2017-2018.
Binghamton as an institution is dedicated to higher education, one that combines an international reputation for graduate education, research, scholarship and creative endeavor with the best undergraduate programs available at any public university.
- Recipients must be an undergraduate and graduate student.
- Recipients must be enrolled full-time and be of sophomore, junior, senior or graduate standing for 2017-2018.
- Recipients must demonstrate academic merit with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must submit following application materials:
Application materials should include:
- Two letters of recommendation in support of academic accomplishments
- Two letters of recommendation in support of commitment to and involvement in community service (if a reference has knowledge of both academic and community service accomplishments, that person can submit just one letter)
- Resume including a full list of awards, community service activities and work experiences while at Binghamton university
- Personal statement, including professional and/or personal goals, evidence of commitment to and involvement in community service, and therole of the candidate in enriching the Binghamton university community.
All required materials should be submitted to Alison Handy Twang at cce-at-binghamton.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Nine $3,800 scholarships will be awarded to undergraduate students and one will be awarded to a graduate student.
The application deadline is due on Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
Link for More Information: