At Beyond the Boroughs, they believe that a higher education should not be reserved for a select few, but for all students who have the desire to attend. That’s why they are offering Beyond the Boroughs Scholarship for current high school seniors entering college. Their aim is to create deserved college scholarship opportunities for students, with a primary focus on first generation collegians. Beyond the Boroughs awards four-year scholarships, each worth up to $20,000 to both male and female students of any race from any state.
Since 2007, Beyond the Boroughs has been bringing bright futures to those deserving young men and women that have been accepted into college, but have unmet financial need, by helping pay the exorbitant cost of a higher education.
- Full-time students who have been accepted to an accredited four-year college, university, or equivalent (culinary school, for example).
- Applicants can be current high school seniors entering college in the fall or students currently attending a college or university.
- Low income household
- P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- Involvement in an extra-curricular activity or work
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete on-line scholarship application form through the given link: http://www.beyondtheboroughs.org/the-scholarship/the-application/
- Completion of full application including a completed Student Aid Report from the FAFSA or the CSS Profile
- If you are selected as a finalist you will be contacted regarding sending supporting documents (transcript, copy of your FAFSA and letter of recommendation).
Scholarships up to $20,000 over four years will be awarded to the winning candidates.
You complete application packet must be submitted on or before March 15, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions about the application, ask a school administrator for help or contact Beyond the Boroughs at 914-458-2926 or info-at-beyondtheboroughs.org.