The Nextgen Project will bring today’s students from across the country to experience what tomorrow’s leadership in the beauty industry is all about. This thrilling hands-on experience will entail dynamic collaboration to create a cohesive photo collection, and runway presentation at the 2017 Beauty Changes Lives experience at America’s Beauty Show in Chicago, March 22 – 27, 2017. The competition awards (4) four winners, an all-expense paid trip valued at $7,500.00 that includes, five nights and six days in one of the world’s best cites – Chicago – and attendance at (ABS) America’s Beauty Show.
Beauty Changes Lives is a charitable 501c3 nonprofit foundation that unites beauty and wellness professionals. Their mission is to elevate the perception of the beauty industry as a viable and rewarding career choice.
This Scholarship Program is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada who
- Will be twenty-one (21) years of age or older by the start date of the program
- Have completed and submitted the application for the scholarship program
- Have applied for and have completed 50% of their program at an eligible institution
- Are eligible to sit for a state recognized licensure examination in the industry upon completion of state required hours
- Are currently not licensed in the industry in any state and
- Are eligible to obtain a state-recognized license in the industry
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, you have to sign up through the given link:
• Upload two Letters of Recommendation from a school administrator (i.e. owner, director, instructor, etc.)
(i) Letter must state that you are an enrolled, deserving student of this scholarship
(ii) On school letterhead
(iii) .pdf, .doc or .jpg
• Submit a 3-minute video answering the question; What do you want to SHOUT thru beauty? Provide the YouTube public URL/web link to view your video. Make sure it does not exceed three (3) minutes and be sure your link works! Be sure it answers the question.
- The value of the award shall consist of up to seventy-five hundred ($7,500.00)
- The award includes (1) one day pass to (ABS) America’s Beauty Show, attendance to the beauty Changes lives to experience, all transportation, lodging, and travel-related cost to and from Chicago.
- The award also includes all costs related to the photoshoot and runway presentation.
- Your experience will be an immersion into diverse communities, art, music, architecture, and food.
- You will work with the Pivot Point’s global creative team as you virtually collaborate to present a runway collection and photo shoot at the 2017 Beauty Changes Lives Experience.
Applications for fall are being accepted June 20, 2016, to August 1, 2016, 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”).
Link for More Information: