The Bay Harbor Foundation is now offering the Tuition Scholarship Program to provide assistance for the students to pursue the higher education. The program is open to full-time students who are currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, including community and junior colleges.The purpose of the program is to provide recognition and financial assistance to deserving and needful college or university students.The each scholar will receive up to $2,000 scholarship award ($1,000 per semester). The Scholar awards are for tuition only.
The Bay Harbor Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.The Mission of Foundation is always foremost in their hearts and minds as they work to improve the quality of life experience in Northern Lower Michigan, as well as within Bay Harbor. The Foundation continues to make a difference by strengthening their community one person at a time.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- The applicant must be 17 years old or older.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, including community and junior colleges, located within the United States.
- Each recipient shall be a person who is employed by a Bay Harbor entity within the Bay Harbor Community or shall be the son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of a person who is so employed as stated in the Program Goals.
- The applicant must be a “Full-Time Student”, completing, and receiving credit for, at least 12 accredited college credit hours per semester, or equivalent in quarter hours, and in good standing.
- The applicant must be a person who has demonstrated good moral character and who has not been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude.
- The applicant must demonstrate a need for assistance in paying tuition of the college or university he or she is attending after taking into account the other financial assistance available to such person.
- The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to the community in a written essay.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can download the application through the given link: https://www.bayharborfoundation.org/images/2017_Scholarship_Application.pdf
- Financial information questionnaire and any financial aid or grant paperwork
- Official transcripts
- Personal essay
- Letter of recommendation:
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from an employer, school counselor, longtime friend, or Bay Harbor Resident who knows you well
- The second letter of recommendation is not required but is strongly encouraged.
- Completed and signed Application Checklist
The applicant must fill out and submit seven copies of the application with all materials, including your transcripts must be addressed to the Bay Harbor Foundation Office at the following address:
Bay Harbor Foundation
750 Bay Harbor Drive
Bay Harbor, Michigan 49770
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The amount of each scholar award shall be at least $2,000 ($1,000 per semester) or the amount needed to pay the portion of applicant’s tuition which is not provided by other scholarships or grants, whichever is less.
- The scholar awards are non-recurring annual awards but recipients are eligible to apply in succeeding years.
- The scholar awards shall be disbursed in two installments. Half shall be paid at the time tuition is due for the fall semester and the other half shall be paid at the time tuition is due for the spring semester provided that the recipient is enrolled for that semester.
- Payment on the student’s behalf will be made to the college or university at which the student will be enrolled. Scholarship funds will not be paid directly to the student.
- The Bay Harbor Foundation Scholarship is for tuition only and funds awarded may not be used for any other purpose.
The Scholarship applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday, July 19, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. and recipients will be announced in early August.
Link for More Information:
If you have any additional questions, contact to Candace Fitzsimons at 231-439-2700.