The Executive Board of the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) is excited to announce the Barbara Lotze Scholarship for Future Teachers. The scholarship is available only to U.S. citizens who are attending U.S. schools. Successful applicants will receive a stipend of up to $2,000 and a complimentary AAPT Student Membership for one year.
The American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) was established in 1930 with the fundamental goal of ensuring the “dissemination of knowledge of physics, particularly by way of teaching.
- An undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited two-year college, four-year college or a university or a high school senior accepted for such enrollment
- Pursuing, or planning to pursue, a course of study leading toward a career in physics teaching in the high schools
- Showing promise of success in their studies
- A citizen of the united states of America
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the application form. The candidates can fill the application form either on-line or off-line.
- The link of on-line application form is:
- The form can be downloaded by the given link:
- Transcripts of all relevant academic work
- A letter to the Scholarship Committee stating why you believe you should be considered for this scholarship.
- Please include evidence of your commitment to teaching. This evidence may be tutoring, serving as a TA, assisting a K-12 teacher or faculty member, performing outreach activities to K-12 schools
- Include a description of the pathway you plan to use for licensure such as the curriculum and education courses you plan to or are currently taking, special programs such as Teach for America, etc
- Proof of U.S.A. citizenship (for example: copy of birth certificate)
- including letters of recommendation
The completed application material can be submitted on the following address:
Barbara Lotze Scholarship Committee American Association of Physics Teachers
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, Maryland 20740-3845
Phone: (301) 209-3340
Fax: (301) 209-0845
AAPT will award scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each and the number of scholarships awarded will depend on available funding.
Application packet with letters of recommendation must be received by December 1, 2015 for consideration at the winter meeting of the AAPT Executive Board.
Link for More Information: