The American Welding Society (AWS) is pleased to announce Glenn W. Oyler Memorial Technical Scholarship. The Scholarship will be awarded to provide financial assistance to U.S. students in a community college or technical institute. The scholarship is intended to a student learning to become a welder at a community college or technical institute. Two recipients will each receive an scholarship award of $2,500. These awards are for tuition and fees only.
The American Welding Society (AWS) was founded in 1919, as a nonprofit organization with a global mission to advance the science, technology and application of welding and allied joining and cutting processes, including brazing, soldering and thermal spraying.
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma.
- Applicant must have a 2.5 overall grade point average.
- Applicant must provide a letter of reference indicating how they will use their welding education.
- Applicant must be attending a certificate or degree granting course of study in welding.
- Student may be enrolled full time or part time.
- Proof of financial need is required to qualify.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within New Mexico or Pennsylvania.
- Applicants may reapply, however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of 2 years.
How to Apply:
The applicants must login or register for an account to get started of application. The link is:
- Two recipients will each receive an award of $2,500 paid directly to the academic institution on their behalf.
- One award will be made to a student attending a technical institute or community college in New Mexico and one award will be made to a student attending a technical institute or community college in Pennsylvania.
Link for More Information: