Are you looking for additional sources of financial aid? Ava’s Grace Scholarship Foundation is providing hope to young people who have dreams of higher education and a different life through Ava’s Grace Scholarship. The interesting scholarship is available to those who are seeking a first Technical, first Associate’s or first Bachelor’s degree. AGSF will provide students with a mentor to help guide them in their journey. The scholarship awards vary from $3,000 to $5,000.
Ava’s Grace Scholarship Foundation (AGSF) is an innovative, one of a kind non-profit entity whose mission is to one day break the cycle of incarceration through the gift of education. Mission of AGSF is to break the cycle of incarceration through the gift of education.
Ava’s Grace Scholarship is open to:
- Applicant must have a parent who is or has been incarcerated in a U.S. state or federal penitentiary.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Missouri, Kansas, or Illinois for at least two years prior to the date of the application.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States or in possession of an Alien Registration Card.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must have achieved a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Must plan to enroll in or be currently enrolled in a degree program at a nonprofit higher education institution accredited by a regional accrediting body (North Central or its equivalent in the region).
- Must be a responsible borrower, without history of educational loan default or bankruptcy. In some instances, a statement of exceptional circumstances will be considered.
- Must be seeking a first Technical, first Associate’s or first Bachelor’s degree.
- All fields of study are eligible for funding.
How to Apply:
Complete application form for Ava’s Grace Scholarship can easily be downloaded by the given link: http://avasgrace.org/wp-content/AGSF_2016FlyerApp_LRr1.pdf
Two letters of recommendation
Submit a copy of your complete application including two letters of recommendation to:
Ava’s Grace Scholarship Foundation
C/o Connections to Success
3000 Little Hills Expy.,
#102 St. Charles,
AGSF has awarded $3,000 to $5,000 scholarships each year and is currently supporting sixteen scholars from across the state of Missouri attending schools across the country.
The complete application pattern must be submitted by April 15, 2016.
Link for more information:
Questions about the Scholarship program or application instructions should be directed to 314.485.2937 or info-at-avasgrace.org