Don’t let your budget stop you from reaching your potential as The Association of Former Intelligence Officers AFIO offset some of your education costs by offering its three types of scholarships. If you are granted one, you will not be considered for others. To be entering in scholarship contest, you must indicate whether you are applying for an undergraduate or graduate scholarship. Each scholarship has differed rent award amount that can be used for higher education.
The Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO) was incorporated in 1975 as a 501(c) 3 non-profit, non-political, educational association for current and former intelligence professionals and supporters of the US intelligence community.
The Life’s Choices Foundation Graduate Scholarship Awards:
- Graduate students who are focusing on national security or intelligence studies
- Who are, or have the intent of, serving in the U.S. Government
- Candidates for this scholarship should be personnel serving in government agencies comprising the U.S. Intelligence Community, their children or grandchildren
The Al Ponte Graduate Scholarship Award:
- Students who are going to graduate school, focusing on International Relations and/or Intelligence
- Who are either AFIO members or children (grandchildren) of AFIO members or of serving Intelligence personnel
- Non-AFIO members will be considered, so please apply if that is the only aspect an applicant lacks. Award amount is $1,000
The Colonel Sully H. De Fontaine Scholarship Award:
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate degree with the intent of becoming employed within the U.S. Intelligence Community
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply on-line for the given scholarships through the following link:
- Cover Letter: explaining your need for scholarship, your career goals, your views of U.S. world standing and role U.S. intelligence community should play
- A copy of your academic transcript – need not be original or “official.”
- One recommendation (have person send to us by email to scholarships-at-afio.comor they can mail to AFIO Scholarships, 7700 Leesburg Pike Ste 324, Falls Church, VA 22043)
- Recent photograph – can be sent as a high-resolution digital image file via email attachment, or printed and mailed. The image should show full face…sitting, standing, or portrait only. JPG, TIF, GIF, PDF, other major graphic image formats acceptable.
- Indicate for which scholarships you wish to be considered. No need to send multiple copies of your materials.
- College or University you will be attending in 2016-2017 — and your intended course of study (your declared ‘major’ or ‘area of concentration’).
- The Life’s Choices Foundation Graduate Scholarship Awards: Two at $3,500
- The Al Ponte Graduate Scholarship Award: One at $1,000
- The Colonel Sully H. De Fontaine Scholarship Award: One at $1,200
The completed application form must be submitted by July 1, 2016.
Link for more Information:
If you have questions regarding the scholarship, you can contact them at scholarships-at-afio.com.