The Animation Educators Forum is proud to announce its 2016-2017 academic year scholarships. The scholarships are available to undergraduate students entering the sophomore year and above and for graduate students working toward the completion of a project. These scholarships are merit-based awards designed to support college students in continuing their education in the field of animation. This year they are awarding $34,500 in scholarships and awards may range from $2500 to $5000.
ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum (AEF) provides an important link between the animation industry and students, and will provide well-deserved scholarships to students across the United States.
To be eligible for the scholarship award, the following criteria must be met:
• Applicants must be undergraduate students entering their second year of study or above. Graduate students at all levels are also invited to apply.
• Applicants must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above.
• Applicants must be attending a college, university or trade program in the field of animation that is accredited by a recognized accrediting agency.
• Applicants must plan to attend the full 2016-17 academic year.
• Upon receipt of the award, the applicant must provide proof of registration for Fall 2016.
• Applications from international students are welcome.
How to Apply:
• A short biography describing your experience as an animation major. This could include why you chose animation, a course or teacher that has been meaningful to you, your participation in your school’s animation club, and any animation-related internship or work experience that you have had
• A 2-page proposal for the scholarship describing how the award will be used and how that will benefit your goals in animation
• An animation reel (1-6 minutes) and/or 10 pieces of still art demonstrating your strengths and/or artistic breadth and
• Two letters of recommendation, one from a faculty advisor and one from a member of any ASIFA chapter
You can on-line submit your application through the given link:
• This year they will be awarding $34,500 in scholarships. Awards may range from $2500 to $5000 and be applied to tuition, books and supplies, animation hardware or software, and/or senior or graduate projects.
• Scholarship awardees will also receive a 1-year ASIFA-Hollywood associate membership.
All applications must be received by June 15, 2016. Scholarship awards will be announced on July 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: