Are you doctoral students or searching a Minority Fellowship? If yes then American Sociological Association (ASA) has announced Minority Fellowship Program. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in a program that grants the Ph.D. in sociology at the time of applying. The association aims to articulate policy and implement programs likely to have the broadest possible impact for sociology now and in the future. The fellowship provides an annual stipend of $18,000 for each award. In addition, arrangements for the payments of tuition are made with universities or departments.
The national organization for sociologists, the American Sociological Association, through its Executive Office, is well positioned to provide a unique set of services to its members and to promote the vitality, visibility, and diversity of the discipline.
- Eligible applicants must be enrolled in (and have completed one full academic year) a program that grants the Ph.D. in sociology at the time of applying.
- Applicants must be members of an underrepresented racial/ethnic minority group in the U.S. (e.g. Blacks/African?Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Asians or Pacific Islanders, or American Indians/Alaska Natives).
- Applicants must also be U.S. citizens, non?citizen nationals of the U.S., or have been lawfully admitted to the U.S. for permanent resident.
How to Apply:
Applying candidates must register & login through the given link: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=oVBumf2XVy-VZwbpvWt1sUxdvYjq9xScno8j7cfFt781
Applying candidate must attach these documents with Application Form:
- Essays (Link for essay guideline: http://www.asanet.org/sites/default/files/savvy/documents/DOCS-%2375635-v1-MFP_Application_Essay_Prompts.pdf)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation – one of which should be from your mentor
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Other supporting documents (optional) (e.g. abstracts of published papers)
Transcripts being submitted through the mail are to be sent to:
American Sociological Association
Minority Fellowship Program
1430 K Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005-4701
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The fellowship provides an annual stipend of $18,000 for each award (August 1- July 31). In addition, arrangements for the payments of tuition are made with universities or departments.
The last date for submitting application form is January 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at minority.affairs-at-asanet.org