The Alcohol Research Group, in association with Berkeley’s School of Public Health is inviting fellowship named as Postdoctoral Fellowship on Alcohol Problems for Postdoctoral students. Aim of the fellowship is to provide research training in the study of alcohol and drug use and problems. Fellows will receive stipends range from $42,840 to $50,112 depending on experience, along with health insurance and travel funds.
ARG is an NIAAA-funded National Alcohol Research Center housing experts from diverse fields, including public health, epidemiology, psychology, and economics. Aim of ARG is to conduct periodically large, national-probability surveys of Americans’ drinking and drug use.
- Recent doctoral graduates wishing to increase their research experience and establish a publication record in alcohol studies.
- Established researchers seeking to make a transition to the alcohol studies field.
- Scholars who are new to alcohol studies are welcome to apply.
- Recent doctoral graduates are eligible if they are seeking a transition from related fields of study or if they are continuing previous study in the field.
How to Apply:
Log in yourself through the given link in order to apply. https://gradadmit.berkeley.edu/jazztwo/app/continueApplication
- Cover letter.
- Recent curriculum vitae.
- Samples of writing: reprints of articles, dissertation chapters, and/or reports, etc.
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages, single-spaced)
- Why are you interested in alcohol research?
- What are the specific and realistic aims of your postdoctoral study?
- How do you see the fellowship contributing to your learning/career goals?
- How will the fellowship build upon your prior interests and accomplishments?
- What products do you envision coming out of your 2 years at ARG?
- Who are your first and second choices for an ARG mentor, and why?
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should be sent separately and addressed to the Research Fellowship Committee.
- Optionally, state the racial/ethnic group with which you identify. Racial/ethnic minorities and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Current annual stipends range from $42,840 to $50,112 depending on experience, along with health insurance and travel funds. Additional employment is often available.
- Fellowships at ARG provide research training in the study of alcohol and drug use and problems, and are oriented toward the pursuit of basic and applied socio-behavioral and epidemiological research.
- Training focuses specifically on study of the prevalence, distribution, etiology, and treatment (both formal and informal) of alcohol abuse, alcohol dependence, and alcohol-related problems.
- Some focus is devoted to drug use and drug-related problems. Health disparities are a central theme of both the training program and ARG broadly.
January 31, 2016 is the deadline of Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Link for More Information:
Vicky Fagan, Training Program Administrator
Alcohol Research Group
6475 Christie Avenue, Suite 400
Emeryville, CA 94608-1010
Telephone: (510) 597-3440