The Archibald Rutledge Scholarship program, named for South Carolina’s first poet laureate, offers Archibald Rutledge Scholarship Program. The program is available for twelfth-grade students who are enrolled in a public school in South Carolina. The aim of scholarship is to encourage and recognize academic and artistic excellence among South Carolina students.
The mission of South Carolina Department of Education is to provide leadership and support so that all public education students graduate prepared for success.
- Students must currently be enrolled in twelfth grade in a public school in South Carolina.
- Students must plan to attend a South Carolina college or university.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen and have attended public school in South Carolina for the past two years.
- Students may only apply for one scholarship.
- Students planning to attend an out of state college or university are ineligible to apply
How to Apply:
There are different criteria and application forms for the scholarships. The scholarships are available in creative writing, dance, music, theatre, or visual arts fields. You can download the application form through the given link:
Five scholarships approximately $2,000 each will be awarded in May 2016 to the winning candidates..
Eligible and interested students apply through their guidance department between December 2015 and February 5, 2016
Link for More Information:
For more information, contact your school’s guidance department or Carrie Ann Power, 803-734-0323, cpower-at-ed.sc.gov.