The American Physiological Society (APS) has put forward a fellowship named as k-12 minority outreach fellowship. The fellowship is available to upper level graduate and postdoctoral students. The fellowship program demonstrates the Society’s dedication to its members and biomedical research by recognizing the research efforts of outstanding APS members. The fellowship award $1.2 million including all the fellows.
The American Physiological Society (APS) was founded in 1887. APS’s mission is to support research, education, and circulation of information in the physiological sciences.
- Applicants must be current or past APS Minority Travel Fellows or Porter Physiology Development Fellows.
- Upper level graduate students (have passed preliminary exams or finished coursework) AND postdoctoral fellows.
- Applicants must be conducting research within the 50 States and U.S. Territories.
- Awardees must already be student or regular members of the APS or must be willing to join.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for k-12 minority outreach fellowship kindly log in through the given link: https://apps.the-aps.org/awardapps/login/index.cfm
- The following file uploads:
- Applicant’s Biographical Information-Part I: NIH-style Biosketch (up to 5 pages
- Applicant’s Biographical Information-Part II Personal statement (1-2 pages). Discuss career aspirations and commitment to outreach. Highlight previous outreach activities and new outreach ideas, leadership roles, and career development opportunities.
- Highlight any leadership roles and any past, current, and planned outreach activities.
- Advisor’s Consent: Letter of recommendation
- Your advisor can include any special attributes, thoughts on whether this fellowship will interfere with the applicant’s progress, and descriptions of commitment to the lab, department and community.
- The American Physiological Society Awards program demonstrates the Society’s dedication to its members and biomedical research by recognizing the research efforts of outstanding APS members.
- As part of mission to foster education, scientific research and dissemination of information in the physiological sciences, APS hands out more than 400 awards in the field of physiology each year totaling more than $1.2 million.
- Awards are offered by the Society and the various Society Section.
Complete applications must be submitted on or before December 30, 2015.
Link for More Information: