The Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) is pleased to offer a focused regional fellowship program. The program enables pre and early postdoctoral scholars to carry out research in the humanities and related social sciences. $33,500 fellowship award will be given to deserving candidates.
Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC) is a private not-for-profit federation of independent overseas research centers that promote advanced research.
- Be a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be a doctoral candidate or a scholar who obtained his/her Ph.D. Within the last ten years (September 2005 or later)
- Propose a three to nine month humanities or related social science research project
- Propose travel to one or more Mediterranean region country, at least one of which hosts a participating American overseas research center
- It is not required that you be affiliated with a U.S. academic institution to apply.
- As long as you are a Ph.D. candidate at an accredited university, or have already earned your Ph.D., you are eligible for the fellowships.
How to apply:
- For applying the fellowship, you must create a free account to access the application materials. This will allow you to save and return to your application before submitting, and save your login/password information for future applications
- Applications can be accessed via www.caorc.fluidreview.com
- On a separate sheet of paper, in 1500 words or less, please describe the nature of your proposed project and your competence to carry out the required research
- You must submit a one-page bibliography or literature review outlining your project resources.
- You must have two (2) letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae of three (3) pages maximum
- Please only submit a transcript from your most recent institution
Fellowship awards will not exceed $33,500.
January 15th, 2016 is the application deadline.
Link for More Information: