The AMERIgreen Spring Video Essay Challenge is open to students in grades 6th-12th, as well as undergraduate college students to express their thoughts on energy solutions for the future. The contest is sponsored by AMERIgreen, an energy wholesaler in the Mid-Atlantic and New England markets. They are providing students with several themes to start the investigative research process for the video essay challenge and encourage students to have the freedom to approach this subject from their own passions and perspectives regarding renewable energy. First place, second place, and third place winner will get $2,000, $1,000 and $500 respectively.
AMERIgreen Energy, Inc. is an energy wholesaler in the Mid-Atlantic and New England markets. They provide domestically-produced Biofuels, Refined Fuels, Propane, and Lubricants to growing network of committed AMERIgreen customers.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Legal residents of the United States including the District of Columbia but excluding Puerto Rico
- Who are aged 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, or have parents permission
- Entrants for the Special Location Tickets must be in grades 6-8
- Entrants for the College Scholarship must be in grades 9-12 in high school through undergraduate sophomore college students
How to Apply:
- The applicants must fill the online scholarship application form through the given link: http://www.amerigreen.com/videochallenge/
- All entries should focus on one of the questions:
- Why is 100% American Fuel and energy independence important for our country?
- Why are making smart, green energy choices important for your generation?
- What is the best energy source for the future and why?
- What is biodiesel/bioheating oil and what role does it play in the future of U.S. energy?
- What steps should be taken to increase the use of more sustainable energy sources and practices?
Guidelines for Videos:
- Video Essays should not exceed 30 secs
- Submissions for Top 5 winners selected will be judged on the person’s answer to one of the prompt questions, as well as their creativity in producing the video
- Entries will be judged by a panel of AMERIgreen representatives for the top 5 winners, and the final winners will be posted on the AMG website/social media pages and will be chosen by most online votes by the general online audience (so encourage your family and friends to vote for yours!)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
High School – Undergraduate College Students (9th Grade – Sophomores in College)
- 1st Place Prize: $2,000 College Scholarship
- 2nd Place Prize: $1,000 College Scholarship
- 3rd Place Prize: $500 College Scholarship
Elementary School – Middle School Students (6th-8th Grade)
- Grand Prize: 4 Hershey Park Tickets ($250 value)
- 2nd Place Prize: 4 Baltimore National Aquarium Tickets
- 3rd Place Prize: 4 Philadelphia Zoo Tickets ($80 value)
The Video Challenge opens on Monday, April 17 at 12:01:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Entry Period”).
Link for More Information:
For more information please contact at 717.945.1392 or staff-at-amerigreen.com.