The American Airlines Credit Union is proud to announce that it is offering a $5,000 scholarship to 11 students for the 2016-2017 school year. The scholarship is available for graduating high school senior or a current college student. Applicants will be selected on the basis of essays or video, academic achievement, letters of recommendation, leadership, and extracurricular activities such as school and community involvement, volunteer work and work experience.
American Airlines Credit Union’s vision for every member-owner of American Airlines Federal Credit Union to realize their life and financial welfare are enriched as a result of their Credit Union participation.
- Applicants must have his/her own account and be a member in good standing with American Airlines Credit Union.
- Applicants must either be a graduating high school senior or a current college student with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in college, university or trade school in fall 2016.
- Applicants must not be a previous winner of any American Airlines Credit Union Scholarship.
How to Apply:
You have to create an account to be applying for fellowship. Once you create a scholarship application account, you will be able to log in and save your work until you hit the submit button.
- Collect names and emails of two references to write a letter of recommendation.
- Request an official transcript. (Official transcript must include a watermark, signature, be in a sealed envelope or include some other form of official mark). Transcripts printed from the web will not be considered official. Mail the transcript to :
American Airlines Credit Union Attn: American Airlines Credit Union Scholarship P.O. Box 619001 DFW Airport, TX 75261-9001
- Prepare a resume including but not limited to school clubs/organizations, employment and community projects, awards and honors, office and leadership positions (two page maximum).
- Write one personal essay and one financial essay not to exceed 300 words or create one video not to exceed 25 MB. The essay and video prompts are found within the application.
- Attach an individual photo. (Photos are for publicity purposes only and are not included in the judging process).
There are 11 scholarships of $5,000 amount will be given as follows:
- Essay Option – There will be 9 awards total. There will be 5 high school winners and 4 college winners
- Video Option – There will be 2 awards total. High school and college students will be in the same category
A complete application must include all materials submitted by 11:59 p.m. CST on Feb. 16, 2016.
Link for more Information:
For more information, you can contact Scholarship-at-AACreditUnion.org.