Graduate and Undergraduate students from the United States and elsewhere are invited to apply for the Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives (ALBA) George Watt Prize Essay Contest. Two prizes of $250 each will be awarded as one for the undergraduate and other for graduate student. Work will be judged on the basis of originality, quality of research and effectiveness of argument or presentation of the candidates.
The Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives (ALBA) is an educational non-profit organization that is dedicated to promoting social activism and the defense of human rights.
Graduate and undergraduate students from the United States and elsewhere are invited to apply for ALBA George Watt Prize Essay Contest.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must submit:
- An essay or thesis chapter about any aspect of the Spanish Civil War, the global political or cultural struggles against fascism in 1920s and 1930s or
- The lifetime histories and contributions of the Americans who fought in support of the Spanish Republic from 1936 to 1938
- Submissions must be between 3,500 and 7,500 words
- Submissions may be in Spanish or English
- Submissions must have been produced to fulfill an undergraduate or graduate course or degree requirement (please specify course, degree, and institution; for thesis chapters, please add a thesis abstract)
- Any work produced since January 2014 is eligible for the competition
Interested candidates submit application by email to info-at-alba-valb.org with the subject line: “Watt Prize 2015”. Entries must include a cover page with name, address, e-mail, and telephone number. All submissions must be in MS Word or PDF format.
Two prizes of $250 each will be awarded, one in the undergraduate and one in the graduate category
The submission deadline is August 1, 2015.
Link for More Information: