The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) is delighted to announce the AHRQ Grants for Health Services Research Dissertation Program (R36) for doctoral candidates. The grant is open to full-time academic students in good standing, who are enrolled in an accredited research doctoral program in such fields as behavioral sciences, health services research, nursing, social sciences, epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy, health informatics, engineering, and mathematics. AHRQ provides support to individuals for dissertation research in health services research as part of completing a research doctorate degree. The AHRQ will be awarded award budget up to $40,000 in direct costs.
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) mission is to produce evidence to make health care safer, higher quality, more accessible, equitable, and affordable, and to work within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and with other partners to make sure that the evidence is understood and used.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Be U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or permanent residents by the time of the grant award.
- Be full-time academic students in good standing, who are enrolled in an accredited research doctoral program in such fields as behavioral sciences, health services research, nursing, social sciences, epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy, health informatics, engineering, and mathematics.
- Have completed all non-dissertation requirements for their doctoral degree by the time of submission of the application, including completion of their qualifying exams. (The only exception allowable will be the completion of required clinical internships that follow completion of the dissertation.)
- Not have more than part-time employment in addition to the requirements of their current, full-time academic student appointments (defined as greater than 20 hours per week).
- Not be recipients of mentored career development awards.
- The institution is any of the following: public or non-profit private institution (such as a university, college, faith-based or community-based organization), units of local or State government, eligible agencies of the Federal Government, and Indian/Native American Tribal Government or Designated Organizations.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: https://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?dpp=1&oppId=278269
- Your AHRQ-Funded Study fillable PDF form
- A copy to your Program Official
The applicant must email the completed form with a copy to your Program Official to journalpublishing-at-ahrq.hhs.gov
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will provide award budget up to $40,000 in direct costs
The annual application deadlines are February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact Gregory Stuppard, M.S. by phone: (301) 427-1391 or email: [email protected]