The American Gear Manufacturers Association is pleased to introduce you “The AGMA Foundation Scholarship Program”. The scholarship is open to students who are interested in a career in the gear industry, and/or a career in power transmission as it relates to the gear industry. AGMA’s mission is to support and strengthen education, training, and research for the gear industry. $5,000 will be awarded to students at the undergraduate, and graduate school level and technical/associate degree students are eligible for $2,000 annual scholarship.
The American Gear Manufacturers Association is a voluntary association of companies, consultants, and academicians with a direct interest in the design, manufacture, and application of gears, couplings, and related power transmission components and equipment.
- Students who are interested in a career in the gear industry, and/or a career in power transmission as it relates to the gear industry.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled, or recently accepted, as a full or part-time student in a nationally accredited program.
- Students at the Technical/Associate, Undergraduate, and Graduate school levels.
- Grade Point Average – must be 3.0 or higher
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship you must download the application form through the given link: https://www.agma.org/documents/AGMA_Foundation_2017_ScholarshipGuidelines.pdf
Please submit the following supporting materials with your application
- Official Transcripts of your High School and/or institution of higher learning (technical school, community college, university, etc) course work, certified by the Registrar or another authorized official (may be sent with this application, or sent directly to the Foundation).
- If you are employed 20 hours or more per week, a letter from your employer demonstrating
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Your proposed program of study for the scholarship period, including the number of credit hours, a brief description of each class you will take, and (if applicable) a brief description of any research or projects you will undertake.
- A detailed list of your Internship, Co-op, Work, Community, Volunteer and Other Extracurricular Activities.
- A detailed list of Honors/Awards and other recognitions of your work and leadership skills.
- Letters of Recommendation email at Foundation-at-agma.org or faxed to 703-684-0242
- Application form and support material must be sent to foundation-at-agma.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Technical School/Associate Degree students will receive $2,000 scholarship awards
- Undergraduate students will receive $5,000 scholarship awards.
- Graduate students will receive $5,000 scholarship awards
Scholarship submission is due by July 1, 2017, at 5:00 pm ET.
Link for More Information: