The AFCEA Educational Foundation is offering competitive based scholarships to students who are actively pursuing a graduate degree or credential/licensure for the purpose of teaching STEM subjects at a U.S. school in grades K-12. AFCEA is dedicated to increasing knowledge through the exploration of issues relevant to its members in information technology, communications, and electronics for the defense, homeland security, and intelligence communities. The AFCEA Educational Foundation will provide an award of $2,500 up to $5,000 each winner.
AFCEA is a member-based, non-profit association for professionals that provides highly sought after thought leadership, engagement and networking opportunities. AFCEA is an international organization that serves its members by providing a forum for the ethical exchange of information.
- To be eligible, students must be U.S. citizens. Graduate candidates must be attending an accredited U.S. college or university on-campus and majoring in secondary education for the purpose of teaching STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) subjects at a U.S. school in grades K-12.
- Students have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher for graduate
- Graduate-level candidates must be currently taking at least two semester-equivalent classes at an accredited U.S. College or University at the time of application.
- Current credential and licensure students must have completed a bachelor’s of science degree or graduate degree in a STEM major. Expected graduation/completion date cannot be in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Undergraduate students are ineligible to apply.
- Failure to meet requirements could affect scholarship eligibility.
How to Apply:
To applying for the scholarship, the candidate may apply online through the given link: http://www.afcea.org/dynform/forminp.jsp?fid=7037
In addition to the online application, other required documents include:
- Current transcript issued by the school Registrar’s Office (electronic submissions preferred.)
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation required from faculty in the major of study. If currently employed as a teacher, one additional letter from the school principal must be submitted.
Letters of recommendation and additional materials must be received at the following address:
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4400 Fair Lakes Court
Fairfax, VA 22033-3899
If electronic submission is not possible, you may send an official document to the AFCEA address listed above.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The AFCEA Educational Foundation offers scholarships of $2,500 to $5,000 each to students actively pursuing a graduate degree, and
- $3,000 credential/licensure for the purpose of teaching STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) subjects at K-12 U.S. School.
- The scholarships are made possible by generous contributions from Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation, Booz Allen Hamilton, $2,500 ManTech International Corporation, AFCEA International and several of AFCEA’s regional chapters.
- AFCEA Educational Foundation scholarships can only be used for educational purposes towards tuition, mandatory fees, and books. All award checks are written to the university or college to be deposited into student’s account.
The application deadline is due on April 13, 2018.
Link for More Information:
If you have any query, may contact at Edfoundation-at-afcea.org