The Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) is delighted to offer ACUNS Dissertation Fellowship. The fellowship is open to the students who are entering the writing stage of a Ph.D., J.S.D. or LL.M level degree. International student from any country can apply for the given fellowship. Wining candidates will receive $1,500.00 amount.
The Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) was founded in June 1987. The purpose of ACUNS to create a new organization to stimulate and support research and teaching on the role of the United Nations.
- Eligible candidates may be citizens of any country.
- Must be entering the writing stage of a Ph.D., J.S.D., or LL.M level degree – for example, a doctoral candidate who has defended her/his dissertation proposal and who has completed the majority of field research, and who now is writing a first draft of the dissertation.
- It is not intended for students who already have completed, or who are about to complete, the writing, or who are about to defend their thesis (NB for students working in a UK-context of doctoral studies,
- The Award relates to students who are in the beginning of their final year/year three of registration and are in the process of writing up).
How to Apply:
To be consider for fellowship you must follow the online application procedure through the given link: http://acuns.org/2016-dissertation-award-application/
- The applicants dissertation proposal or a similar description of the research, which must be no more than 25 pages (typed and double spaced) in length.
- The applicants curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members who are familiar with the student’s academic work, one of whom must be the applicant’s dissertation supervisor. Only two letters should be provided.
- The ACUNS Dissertation Fellowship Award recognizes emerging students of extraordinary potential who have reached the stage of writing an advanced graduate-level dissertation on a topic of direct and demonstrable relevance to the United Nations and/or the UN system.
- An important component of the Award for its winner is the recognition of excellence that this entails throughout ACUNS’ global community of scholars and practitioners.
- The Award also includes a monetary component in the amount of $1,500.00 US.
- In addition, the winner is encouraged to attend the ACUNS Annual Meeting in that same year, where she/he will be introduced and recognized as the Award winner. In that case,
- The winner will receive an Annual Meeting registration fee waiver (worth up to $150 of the registration fee) plus an additional award of up to $500 following the Meeting for the reimbursement of related travel and accommodations costs.
- The Dissertation Award winner is encouraged to consider in the future submitting some written product to ACUNS’ journal,Global Governance.
Deadline of the ACUNS Dissertation fellowship is March 31, 2016.
Link for More Information: