The Actuarial Foundation is now offering the Curtis E. Huntington Memorial Scholarship to recognize the remarkably positive impact Huntington had on the actuarial profession.The scholarship program is open to all undergraduate students who are enrolled as a full-time student at a U.S. accredited educational institution.The mission of the Foundation is to enhance math education and financial literacy through the talents and resources of actuaries. The winners of the scholarship will get up to $2,000 scholarship award.
The Actuarial Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, is the philanthropy for actuaries in the United States. Since 1994, the Foundation has promoted lifelong math education and financial literacy through its learning resources and scholarships.The Foundation’s vision is an educated public in pursuit of a secure financial future.
- Undergraduate students who will receive their degree in December 2017, spring/summer 2018 and no later than August 31, 2018, are eligible
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time student at a U.S. accredited educational institution
- Must have successfully completed at least one actuarial examination
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) and must be nominated by a professor at their school
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants may register through the given link:https://actfnd.academicworks.com/opportunities/111
- Answer the following supplemental questions:
- How many actuarial exams are you planning to take in the spring?
- Write a brief essay (approximately 500 words) describing your extracurricular activities and why you should be considered for a Curtis E. Huntington Memorial Scholarship. You must also list and discuss the extra-curricular activities that you included in your general application. Make sure your name appears on all the documents you are uploading.
- List the name and email address of a professor who may serve as reference provider and verify your GPA or rank and senior status.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Through the Actuarial Foundation’s Curtis E. Huntington Memorial Scholarship- each year selected students to receive a $2,000 scholarship award.
The deadline for the application is June 16, 2017, and wines will be awarded on August 18, 2017.
Link for More information:
If you have any question, contact The Actuarial Foundation at Scholarships-at-ActFnd.org