The ACSA/CRA-W SWSIS program, together with Hewlett-Packard (HP) Company, is offering a $5,000-$10,000 scholarship to a woman. The scholarship can be used in her junior or senior year of undergraduate studies, or master’s degree. SWSIS stands for Scholarships for Women Studying Information Security. The scholarship is administered by ACSA and the CRA Committee on the Status of Women in Computing Research. Funds are paid directly to your account at your university for tuition, books, etc.
The SWSIS program was founded in 2011 by Applied Computer Security Associates (ACSA), a non-profit Maryland corporation. Their goal is to help address the shortage of professionals in the information security field, and especially the shortage of women in the field, by providing scholarships to women at formative stages of their careers.
- Women may receive the scholarship for their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies, or for a Masters’ program.
- You must be accepted at or enrolled in a US campus of a US university.
- Preference will be given to US citizens and permanent residents.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must login themselves through the given link:
Applicants must provide:
- An essay describing her interest and background in the information security field.
- A current official or unofficial transcript.
- A resume or CV.
- Letters of reference (typically from faculty members).
- Her university name and class status.
- If the applicant is in her first semester at her current university, she should submit her class schedule and transcript(s) from prior universities. Official transcripts may be required for scholarship recipients, but not for application.
- The scholarship is renewable for a second year, given proof of satisfactory academic progress.
The ACSA/CRA-W SWSIS program is offering a $5,000-$10,000 scholarship to a woman.
Applications are accepted until February 25, 2015. Awards will be announced early April 2015.
Link for More Information:
Questions about the scholarship may also be sent to swsis-at-swsis.org