Able Flight is offering four types of scholarships for U.S. citizens who are dedicated to the idea that they, too, can change their lives by learning to fly or training for a career in aviation. Able Flight encourages people with a variety of physical disabilities to apply for a scholarship. This is not a program for those who seek a “weekend adventure” experience, but a program for people who are willing to work hard and remain committed to earning the privilege of becoming a pilot.
Able Flight’s mission is to offer people with disabilities a unique way to challenge themselves through flight and aviation career training, and by doing so, to gain greater self-confidence and self-reliance.
- Any U.S. citizen seventeen years old or older with a physical disability that significantly impairs function can apply.
- Able Flight has awarded scholarships to people who use wheelchairs due to spinal cord injury, wounded veterans, people with a variety of congenital birth defects, and people who have lost limbs.
- be at least 17 years of age, a U.S. citizen, have a valid driver’s license, and be able to operate the controls of the training aircraft
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of disability from their attending physician
How to Apply:
- There are four types of scholarships are available. Three of the forms are for flight training scholarships and one is for aviation career training. You can read the description of each type of scholarship and choose the form that best applies to your situation. You’ll find instructions on the form. The link is:
- Candidates for all scholarships will complete the appropriate application form, including an essay on how they feel the scholarship would change their life.
Our full scholarships cover flight and ground training, testing fees, study materials, and lodging and travel as required. Recipients of full scholarships receive a complete ground school self-study package shortly after their selection. Career training scholarships cover course fees, testing fees, and may cover travel and lodging as required.
Applications for all types of scholarships are accepted year round, but February 15th is the deadline for a full flight training scholarship for training. Applications received after February 15th for a full flight training scholarship will be considered for the following year.
Link for more Information: